Hang your art in the Cohere Coworking Community
I am the Art Curator for the Cohere Coworking Community. If you have some art you would like to hang in the space contact me. To be considered send me an email and follow the guidelines below. I’ll get back to ya.
When contacting me please do the following:
- Attach jpgs of, or a link to, the specific art you are looking to display. Generally I’m looking for 8 to 12 pieces. Could be more or less depending on size, medium, etc. But you should be sending me at least 8 choices.
- Send approximate dimensions of your art. In most cases we are looking for stuff which is at least 11×14.
- Let me know when your art will be available for hanging.
- A link to your website so that if you are accepted I can link to you from this page.
If you are coming to hang art you need to bring the following:
- Your art.
- Wire to hang it.
- Tools to attach and adjust the wire.
- Labels for your art with your name, title of piece, price or “not for sale” and any other information you want to include. Labels should be at least 1 inch by 2 inches in size.
- Business cards if you have them.
- Time to hang your art. I will be there to assist, but you get to do most of the work.
You do not need to bring:
- Tape to put the labels on the wall.
- Nails or such – we have hang points.
Let me try to answer all the questions you may have. Or at least most of them.
Okay, tell me more!
1. If your art can be wire hung on a wall then it’s up for consideration. Photography, painting, mixed media, whatever it may be. What this means is that if your art hangs on the wall it must wire hang. I suggest that when you come to hang your art you bring the wire and cut it to length for each piece depending on where it’s going to hang.
2. Content and theme. There is no theme. Content is totally open so long as it’s not judged to be offensive by myself and Angel. Angel is the founder of Cohere and has final say on what hangs.
3. You may price and sell your art. Cohere does ask for an optional donation from any sales of up to 5%.
4. You may display an artist bio and business cards or fliers.
5. You are responsible for doing the actual hanging & removal and any related cost. I will be there to assist you with hanging your art if I am available.
6. Duration for a hang is usually two months, give or take a few days. Extended hangs will be on a case by case basis.
7. Download and read the Cohere Agreement to Display Art from this link: http://204EastSouth.com/pdf/Cohere-Agreement-to-Display-Art.pdf
8. What does the space look like? Photos below. Given dimensions are approximate, width by height in feet.