I’ve been using WordPress for a while, what 3 years maybe? And I hardly claim to be an expert. One thing I kept wanting to do was insert an image as a thumbnail and set things up so that when the thumbnail is clicked on the image will open at full size in anther tab/window. I could never figure this out. Then Nick showed me how. I learned something. About time many of you would say.
Here’s how ya do it when writing a new post:
1. click on the ‘add an image’ icon in the ‘upload/insert’ bar
2. add the image from your computer, or a URL, or you media library
3. do any editing, add any text (title, caption, etc) and set the formating (alignment, justification, etc) as you want it to be
4. insert into post
5. now the stuff I didn’t know about, click on the image
6. you see the two icons that appear in the upper left-hand corner? click the first one ‘edit image’
7. when the edit box opens click on the ‘advanced settings’ tab at the top
8. go down, down to the bottom, see the option “target” “open link in new window”, check that box
Thanks to Nick Armstrong for the how to info!
The other thing I really need to know – How to make WordPress automatically add target=_blank to all links.
Anyone know how to do that?